Licensed Clinical Psychotherapist & Clinical Social Worker (Michigan & Wisconsin)...More
Counseling and collaborative problem solving with Cognitive-Behavioral, Rational-Emotive & Family Systems theoretical frameworks for lasting changes.More
MOST insurances DO cover my services (call 800# on back of your card to see if I'm IN your network)More
Hello, my name is MARK. I'm a licensed psychotherapist and clinical social worker in Iron Mountain, MI. I have 30+ years of clinical experience to help you.
My friendly certified Therapy Dog, "Maury" recently retired - sorry, he no longer works at the office with me. (Photo: Maury as a pup; he'll be 14 in April 2021!)
Please EXPLORE the website & email me if you have questions (mark@ this website domain)
Here's Maury again. He's a playful, affectionate yellow lab, looking forward to meeting you!
We'll help you learn to relax...
All DCH Employees are allowed THREE (3) free CONFIDENTIAL Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counseling visits per household member - per year! You don't even need to have any health insurance coverage, this is just an employee wellness benefit. NO information is shared w/ your employer other than date of usage.
TEXT( 313.BHAPPY7 / 313.242.7797 ) or call (906.PRO.HELP) for an appointment.
Uninsured? Super high deductible? See RATES link for my uninsured / under-insured program ($65-$75 per session prepaid when scheduling, approx. 40% off full rates).
Mark Young, LMSW, LCSW
- Fully Licensed, Professional Psychotherapy (mental health Counseling)
- Help for Adults, Children, Teens, Families, Couples, Groups & Employees
- Private & Highly Confidential
- Cognitive-Behavioral & Rational-Emotive Therapist - highly effective for improving mood, emotions & behavior problems
- 30+ Years Experience (and still love my job!)
- Depression, Anxiety, Phobias, Fears, Relationships, Conflicts, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Loneliness, social isolation, conflicts or other difficulties
WHAT I CAN'T HELP WITH:
- PRESCRIBING MEDS - only Physicians can prescribe medications in Michigan - I can help you understand psychiatric medications and to decide whether to ask your doctor for a medication trial. I do NOT make recommendations for stimulants (Attention-Deficit meds) or pain killers.
- TRICARE - sorry, almost all area providers have given up working with TriCare due to extremely disorganized, unreliable services to mental health providers.
- COURT TESTIFYING - I offer psychotherapy, no legal assessments, custody evaluations, or testifying.
- WORKER'S COMP - I'm not set up to work with worker's comp, and I can't provide disability assessments. I typically recommend patients seek letters from their physician or a specialist for release / excuse from work..
- PTSD (POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER) - I do not treat PTSD; other local therapists in the provider directory DO.
If you are feeling SUICIDAL, please consider the following options:
- The Emergency Department at your nearest hospital. They can have a professional crisis worker paged to meet with you.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800.273.TALK
- Tell your doctor, adult family members, or another adult you trust and avoid being alone.
- Dickinson-Iron-Menominee residents, call Northpointe (24/7) 800.750.0522
- Marinette and Florence County residents call ADAPT 715.732.7760
- Delta, Marquette & Alger County residents, call PATHWAYS 906.225.1181
Maybe you've already tried psychotherapy (with a licensed professional), tried anti-depressant medication, tried numerous self-improvement efforts... mileage varies greatly, and many times the 2nd or 3rd effort helps dramatically more: try another psychotherapist, doctor, medication, take a class, join a club, try new hobbies, seek a new job, make more social efforts... any or all of the above. If you don't find therapy helpful, TELL your therapist so s/he can modify their approach. Same goes for my past patients - I'll try my best to help you, but am not the least bit offended if you find another therapist whom you find more helpful. .